Asian Style Salad with Prawns and Spicy Dressing
- 300g large cooked prawns
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 large chopped red chilli or 2 small red chilli
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 4 medium cucumber
- 2 small red onion, peeled
- 1 dl cup of fresh mint leaves
- handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
For the Salad Dressing:
For the Salad:
In a small bowl add the brown sugar, lime juice, rice vinegar, oil, fish sauce, chilli and garlic. Mix all the ingredients together. Taste and adjust if necessary.
Using a julienne peeler, prepare the carrots and cucumber. Use a knife or mandoline to thinly slice the onion. Place the carrots, cucumber onion and mint leaves into a large bowl. Add a few tablespoons of dressing over the salad, toss gently to lightly coat the ingredients.
Divide the salad into individual serving bowls and top with cooked prawns. Drizzle over a little more dressing and scatter over some coriander leaves and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.